Woozworld Children's Privacy Notice
November 1st, 2019
So, if you’re looking for more information on how we collect, store, use and share your personal data we collect, this is the place for you!
Who are we?
Woozworld is an exciting, fun, and unique virtual world and social network for tweens/preteens and teens! Our massive multiplayer virtual world is free to join! Create your avatar, play online and build your limitless world. Our world is the coolest place to hang-out, meet new friends and have the absolute best time in a safe environment.
Where we are based?
Woozworld Inc., a company based in Montreal, Province of Quebec in Canada
Types of personal information we collect and what we use it for
- Registration information that we use to help you set up your Woozworld account (e.g date of birth, gender and email address, username and password). If you are under the age of 13 (or older, depending on your country), we might also require your parent's email.
- Your age and gender are used to learn more about our Woozworld audience. Your age is also used, as explained above, to determine if you are under the age of 13 in order to obtain your Parent’s email.
- Your email can be used to identify your account if you contact Woozworld for any questions or assistance. Your email will NEVER be publicly visible, nor shared with anyone else or used for anything else.
- The text you enter in the WoozIn, in-game chat and in private messages are checked and filtered in order to prevent Woozens from exchanging personal information such as phone numbers, emails, social media accounts.
- If you are OVER 13, located in the United States, some additional information will be requested when purchasing on our online store. Credit card data is ALWAYS protected and our payment solution providers are under contract to keep your info safe! Credit card purchases should only be made by your parent or an adult.
- Your IP may be used to gather statistics for features or offers, they also help us investigate bad behavior like account theft, hacking or bullying.
- A cookie is a small file that we save on your computer's hard drive that contains non-personal information. Cookies help to give you faster access and allow you to personalize your pages. They also help you to participate in some activities or events. This information helps us understand which Woozworld features are appreciated or need improvement.
How long do we keep it?
When you cancel your Woozworld account, we keep your data for at least 30 days in case you change your mind! Beyond that we remove account data on a regular basis. This removes all personal information from your account, blocks your woozIn, unfriends all your contacts and locks all your Unitz.
The following private information is kept while your Woozworld account is active:
- Cookie id
- Woozen name
Who do we give it to?
Please see our list of trusted third parties that we may share your information with here. We won’t share your personal information outside Woozworld except:
- When we need to protect the safety, security, rights and property of our customers
- If we have to for legal reasons
How we keep your information safe:
We are committed to ensuring the security of your personal information. Although we regularly review our security procedures and evaluate new technology to make our online world safer, no security measures are perfect.
We take extra steps to protect YOUR privacy including:
- Encourage Woozens to choose passwords that are difficult for others to guess and to keep their personal passwords secret. Not even your bestie should know it.
- In order to create a safe username, we make sure that you don't reveal any personal information about yourself when naming your Woozen. The best usernames are those that don't contain any personal details about your real name, age, school or residence.
Woozworld is fully COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protecting Act) compliant and participates in the Kids Privacy Assured by PRIVO: COPPA Safe Harbor Certification
- Woozworld is patrolled by an experienced team of moderators that helps to ensure your safety!
- In order to make sure that everyone can have fun and play safely, we have a Code of Conduct outlining rules for all members of our community. Including personal information safety tips.
- Our safe and supervised chat tool only allows pre-approved words to protect your personal information and safety.
- We offer real-time, safe chat that is COPPA and GDPR compliant.
You can contact us about your personal information, and you can request all of the following:
I want to view my information- here’s how you can do that:
You have the right of access to your personal data collected by Woozworld at any given time from your account settings. Below, you can find step by step instructions on how to request your personal data:
- Sign in to your Woozworld account
- Click/tap on the Settings button located below your profile picture on your Woozin page.
- Under the Account tab in your Settings, you will find the Export personal information section.
- If you click/tap on the Export recent chat messages button the window shown below will appear asking you to correctly enter your current password and security question, then press OK.
- Once your request has been successfully processed a download link containing your chat messages that you have sent in the last 14 days will be available in your account Settings and a copy will also be sent to your email. The link will be automatically destroyed after 3 days.
- If you click/tap on the Export Woozworld data button the window below will appear asking you to correctly enter your current password and security question, then press OK. Please make sure that you have a valid email address associated with your Woozworld account.
- Once your request has been successfully processed a download link containing data pertaining to your Woozen will be available in your account Settings, a copy of the download link will also be sent to the email address associated with your Woozworld account. The process may take up to 3 days to complete and the link will automatically be destroyed after 3 days.
I want to update it and correct it – here’s how to do that:
You can easily modify the email address and/or password associated with your Woozworld account by following the instructions below.
- Login to Woozworld
- Click on 'Settings' at the top right of your screen (the icon representing gears).
- Click on to the Account tab.
- Click on which Setting you want to modify (email, password or security question)
- Fill in the required information and click 'OK'
I want to stop some of my information being collected and used- here’s how to do that?
You or your parents may review your PII, request change or deletion or refuse to allow further collection or use of the information by contacting us at our Help page or by telephone at +1 (514) 281-8999.
I want to delete my personal information and ask you not to collect or use it anymore – here’s how you can do that:
- Select 'Settings' on top right corner
- Select 'Account'
- Select 'Cancel Account' and fill out the form
- Type your current 'password' and your current 'secret question answer'
- Confirm your information by selecting 'Ok'
- Notice you'll receive a new pop-up window message confirming your Woozworld account cancellation.
If you want to ask us questions you can contact us here and we will send you a reply. You can also ask your parents to contact us.
Attention of Privacy Coordinator
55 ave Mont-Royal Ouest, bureau 720
Montreal (Québec), H2T 2S6